Spoiler-Free Review: Gold Cavern Book Tour (Author: Zola Blue)

 



Gold Cavern
The Legend of Goldum Book 1
by Zola Blue
Genre: Adventure, Mystery

_____________________________________________________________________________________
The only thing that could summon Estelle from her new york apartment was a desperate call for help from the man who had saved her life as a child. Her grandfather, who had raised her from a child after her mother's tragic death, needed her to return for an urgent family matter
Convinced of the legend of the missing village of Goldum, he gathers a group he can trust who can handle the journey into lower mountains before the snow arrives. 
With Estelle to lead, she follows her grandfather's map, into foothills on ATVs. Much to her surprise, she and the others come upon another group of ATVs along their trail.
Lofton, a geologist appears to lead a group that includes two hydro dam workers and his female assistant. With a massive gold nugget as evidence, the two groups continue together, having no real choice. 
Together they discover the source of the gold is most likely coming out of an underground river, and they need scuba gear to continue. The underground journey takes several days and tortures all physically but mostly mentally. The smell of abundant amounts of gold has them all planning glorious futures. 
Alliances and enemies are made in the small group. Still, all seems forgiven when they find the legendary lost village of Goldum buried almost intact. However, things go poorly when Estelle, who claims to be the rightful heir to the village and fortune, tells the disbelieving group that removing any gold will result in all of their deaths. 

**Kindle Countdown Oct 17 – 25!!**

__________________________________________________________________________________

     Before diving into my review, please note that it is based on my opinion of the book. As you consider my thoughts, remember that you are allowed to have different feelings about this book. If you haven't read it yet, feel free to pick up a copy and form your own opinion on it. This book was provided to me as an early review copy, however, my opinions are honest and entirely my own.  

    Note: This book deals with mature themes and topics.
    Content Warnings: Violence, Death, Grief, Claustrophobia.

    Gold Cavern by Zola Blue was an exciting, captivating book that contained a very unique plot. It was intriguing to see how the entire plot was moved forward by the discovery of this gold and also just how dangerous it could be. I don't think I've ever read a high stake, adventure book involving gold in this way before. I love how the temptation or allure of the gold was portrayed and how it was a double-edged sword as both a tempting reward but also a lethal weapon. 

    I found some of the characters to be a bit irritating at times, but I became invested in some of their plot lines. I was definitely much more interested in the plot of the story than the characters. I was more invested in the main character, Estelle, throughout the novel than any of the other characters. Sean's character really bothered me in the story, he really irritated me throughout, but I don't think that he deserved the ending he got. I feel like his character arc was a bit of a disappointment and a lost opportunity. He definitely could've received a good redemption arc in the next installments of The Legend of Goldum series. Lofton definitely could have done more to help save Sean before the boulder really began to close in, but, he chose not to. While I understood Lofton's position, this was one of the things that I disliked about him as a character. He let his pride, anger, and fear stop him from helping until it was too late which was upsetting, but on the other hand, also made him feel really human.
    
    I think one of the best things about this story were the vivid descriptions Blue used. The details and the language used to describe the underground caverns really helped me a clear mental image in my head of what they looked like and imagine the scene playing out itself. I also really enjoyed learning about all the different mythological aspects of this book and especially the warning vision Henry receives against or proceeding further into the cave or taking gold. The vision brought up so many questions about Henry that I wish could be explored throughout the rest of the series. I would still love to learn what caused Henry's vision and it would've been amazing to see this subplot developed more in future books. Henry was such a good character and he definitely deserved better, it was so upsetting to see his story come to a close near the end of Gold Cavern. 

    Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It definitely delivered on the action and adventure that was promised in a unique and exciting way. Some of the characters were disappointing or upsetting and I felt that some storylines that would've been great to expand on in the future books ended too quickly. I really enjoyed the main character, Estelle, and the underground search for gold. The descriptions were excellent and really lends itself well to helping the reader imagine the setting in their heads. The prose and language used were good and appropriate for the book and there were very few grammatical or spelling errors to distract from the story.

Rating: 4/5 stars


Genres: Young Adult Adventure, Fantasy


Author: Zola Blue


_____________________________________________________________________________________

Born in Florida, I am a resident of the US, but now I reside on a lovely island in British Columbia Canada with my mother and two dogs, and one cat. During the early years of my life, I worked in the business industry, thus reaching my goal of obtaining my degree in Business Management. 
I love to read, and over my lifetime, I have probably read hundreds of books. Now that life has given a bit more time to concentrate on my personal life, I am following God and writing fun, fanciful fiction stories, which blend over into the fantasy realm.
I hope that each time I put words on the paper, it makes you want to read it. I always hope someone has fallen in love with my words and want to continue reading them.



____________________________________________________________________________________
Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

$25 Amazon









Comments

Popular Posts