Brief Review: Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Synopsis: 


Midnight Sun is a sequel book to the Twilight Saga. It follows the events of Twilight from Edward’s perspective. I don’t want to say too much for those of you who haven’t read the original four books. Basically, it follows a supernatural vampire who meets and falls in love with a human girl.


    Before diving into my review, please note that it is based on my opinion of the book. As you consider my thoughts, remember that you are allowed to have different feelings about this book. If you haven't read it yet, feel free to pick up a copy and form your own opinion on it.


    Content Warnings: Violence, Mature Behavior. Please proceed with caution.


    Note: This book deals with mature themes and topics.


   Review:

    While I originally thought this book might be very similar to Twilight, I was surprised! This book really shows Stephenie Meyers's growth as a writer and was a much more compelling start than Twilight was. It was exciting to see how events played out from Edward’s perspective and understand the inner workings of his mind. The characters were defined in greater depth and I liked seeing what Edward found attractive about Bella. I won’t go over the plot because it’s pretty similar to Twilight, but the execution of this book was better in my opinion.

There’s so much to explore in this book, that I recommend you check it out for yourself.



Update: I have lowered my rating after re-evaluating my feelings about this and especially taking into consideration all the damage this book and the Twilight series as a whole have caused the Quileute people. If you plan on reading this book, please get it second-hand and/or donate to help the Quileute tribe!



Rating: 2.5/5 stars


Genre: YA Fantasy (Romantic Supernatural)


Author: Stephenie Meyer


Publisher: Little, Brown, and Company



Comments

Popular Posts